Sunday, May 19, 2013

♡ EDC NY ♡


I LOVED EDC SO MUCH. AMAZING WONDERFUL BEST 2 NIGHTS OF THE YEAR SO FAR. 

For those of you that don't know what EDC is, it stands for Electric Daisy Carnival. It is one of the festival brands produced by Insomniac. Insomniac hosts events and festivals for electronic dance music lovers all over the world. They host festivals such as EDC, Electric Forest, Beyond Wonderland, and much more. These events are also known as raves which have been very popular and all the "rave" these past 3 years.

I'd love to travel to the areas that host these festivals but since I am only 17, I cannot afford it and do as I please... yet. For EDC, my cousin bought me my 2 day pass, and I said I'd pay him back once I have a job and what not. I really wished it was a 3 day festival like the ones in Cali :( Anyways, onto my amazing weekend!

DAY 1


Cropped tank and crochet shorts are from H&M. The top was $25 and the dots were GLOW IN THE DARK! The shorts were originally $25 but they were on sale for $15!
The colorful bracelets I'm wearing are called Kandi Bracelets or Kandi for short. Yes, most of you might've used to make bracelets and necklaces back in the 90's just like me but these are super super common when going to raves. 



At these raves many people go buy PLUR which stands for Peace, Love, Unity, and Respect. At raves,  people would usually meet people and ask if they want to trade kandi, and so both people exchanging would hold up a peace sign and touch each others pointer and middle fingers for Peace, then make your hand into half a heart while the other person completes that heart with their half heart for Love, then you would have a flat hand like just hand touching hand for Unity, and then hold hands (like how couples hold each others hands) for Respect. Then at the Respect part, one person grabs his/her own bracelet and drags it across to put it on the other persons wrist and the other person will do the same. 


Here, I tried demonstrating with the mirror effect on my mac's webcam LOL

DAY 2


Cropped lace top is from Forever 21 and it was $10.80. The high waisted shorts are from my grandma. Well they were jeans but then I cut them up and studded them. I wore a bandana on my head but then decided to take it off later in the day cause it bothered me when I was dancing.

Friday and Saturday were just one of the best days of my life. I recommend everyone to go attend these Insomniac events and live life :) Here's more pictures  from my night!



This was when I was on that guy's shoulders! And nope I didn't know him, but he was nice enough to ask me if I wanted to go up :') I think he thought I was kinda cute cause he kept looking at me like aLOT ALOT LOL










Awkward stance, legs were so numb




My filipino boys 



The nice guy ^-^









No comments:

Post a Comment